How to sell your home privately
- Make your home sell able Whether selling property privately or through an agent, a well-maintained, de – cluttered home will stand out from other properties for sale and create a better impression on buyers. Tend to any repairs and maintenance issues like leaky taps, faulty switches and broken windows. Homes that are well presented and well maintained typically sell faster than those that are not.
- Determine the correct selling price for your property. Pricing your home correctly is crucial when putting your property on the market. A property that is badly priced will take longer to sell than one that offers fair market value. You would need to do your research on asking prices and get to know the local market. Here are some factors that influence a property’s price .You can also use online valuation services such as Lightstone or PropIQ who value your property based on historical sales in your area.
- Write a good description and take appealing photos Write a description about your home including its features and some neighborhood details to help entice potential buyers. Photographs are a major factor in catching a potential buyer, so ensure you take good photos from the most appealing angle and in good light. If you choose to list privately, our HD and Featured HD packages include having our digital media consultants take a High Definition video and pictures which will provide buyers with an unparalleled view of your property.
- List the property When it comes to listing your property for sale there are benefits to selling your home both through an estate agent or privately. An estate agent will have knowledge of the property market as well as experience with the negotiation process. Selling privately has cost benefits since there is no agent commission and allows you to be in complete control of the selling process. Studies show that over 80% of property searches today begin online, so a good property website like Amanzimtoti Homes can help make selling privately a stress-free process.See our package list above
- Conduct viewings of your home Interested buyers will be in touch to view your home. You can decide whether to host a show day or arrange views by appointments. Private property can help to send out show day notifications to our extensive database of buyers to promote it, and supply show day boards for the outside of your property.
- Choose a conveyancing attorney As the seller, you will need to choose a conveyancing attorney to handle the legal work to transfer ownership of the property. Attorneys will be able to supply you with the relevant paperwork like an offer to purchase, and with any legal advice that you may require. We can assist by putting you in touch with trusted conveyancing attorneys in your area.
- Accepting an offer Interested buyers will send through an offer to purchase. Your conveyancing attorney will supply you with the offer to purchase document which includes the property description, the purchase price, occupational rent amount and occupation date, special conditions and any other relevant information. If you wish to accept the offer and sign it, then it becomes a legally binding contract and can be submitted to your conveyancing attorney.
- Property Transfer Your conveyancing attorney will receive the signed offer to purchase, complete a number of tasks, liaise with various parties and lodge the sale documents at the Deeds office. This process can take up to 3 months after which the property will be transferred from your name to the buyers and the conveyancing attorney will ensure you receive the proceeds of the sale.